This website is controlled and operated by Jacobs Management Ltd (“Jacobs Management”). Jacobs Management Ltd is a limited liability company registered in England and Wales, number 10644639. Our registered office address is: 38 Castlewood Road, London N16 6DW
All Jacobs Management offices subscribe to the Safe Agent scheme (membership no. S3693), The Property Ombudsman (membership no. D03809) tpos.co.uk and are members of ARLA and NAEA (membership no. 3130). All client monies held (rents, deposits, etc) are covered by ARLA’s client money protection scheme and we are members of the Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS membership no. G02574). Under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 we are registered with the Financial Conduct Authority (registration no. FRN680023) and to comply with Anti-Money Laundering Regulations, we are also registered with HMRC (MLR registration no. 12746905).
How to contact us
You can contact us by email at info@JacobsManagement.co.uk if you have any questions, comments or complaints about this website.
Access to and use of the website
Jacobs Management is the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in this website and the material on it (including all text, trade marks, data, graphics, layout, logos, images, music or other audio material, clips, films or other moving images, algorithms, product details and/or software published or otherwise available on the website from time to time).
Except as set out in the limited licence above (or as required under any applicable law), no part of this website may be used, reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, accessed, modified, or otherwise exploited, in full or in part, for any purpose without our prior written consent. In particular, you are not permitted to republish any part of this website on another website, in any other medium (print, electronic or otherwise) or as part of any commercial service without our prior written permission. All the intellectual property rights referred to above remain owned by Jacobs Management or its licensors.
Acceptable use of the website
While accessing, browsing and/or using this website you must:
- comply with all applicable laws, regulations and codes;
- not link to any part of the website other than the homepage;
- not frame or use framing techniques to enclose the website, or any part of the website, without our prior written consent;
- not modify, or attempt to modify, all or any part of the content on the website; and/or
- not gain or attempt to gain unauthorised access to the website, the server on which the website is stored or any third party server, computer or database connected to the website.
Whilst you may link to the homepage of this website, you must only do so in a way that is fair, does not harm our reputation and does not suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement of you, your goods or services and/or your website by Jacobs Management Ltd.
Termination or suspension of your access to the website
At any time and without giving you any advance notice, we may permanently or temporarily and for any reason:
- terminate, suspend or deny your access to this website (whether in whole or in part);
- terminate your permission to link to this website; and/or
- remove or edit any content on the website, and in such circumstances all our liability (as well as the liability of our directors, employees or other representatives) for any loss whatsoever arising from our removing or editing content and/or your limited use of or inability to use this website (either in whole or in part) is excluded, insofar as it is possible to do so in law.
Third party links
This website may contain links to third party websites. We are not responsible for, nor do we endorse in any way such third party websites or their content. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to this website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
All information and/or data on this website is provided on an “as is” basis. To the extent permitted by law, all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied are now expressly excluded and no representations, warranties or terms of any kind are made in respect of the website or the content, including, without limitation, warranties of satisfactory quality, accuracy, adequacy, conformity to description or fitness for any particular purpose.
Neither we nor any of our data providers or affiliates gives any warranty or guarantee: (a) relating to the availability of the website; or (b) that the website and/or our operation of it, the content or the server that makes the website available, are error or virus free or free of other harmful components; or (c) that your use of this website will be uninterrupted.
Limitation of liability
- death or personal injury caused by our negligence or that of any of our officers, employees or agents; or
- fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- any liability which it is not lawful to exclude either now or in the future.
Subject to the above, we will not be liable, whether in tort (including for negligence or breach of statutory duty), contract or otherwise, for: (a) any loss or damage which may arise from reliance on any information contained on this website; (b) any loss, damage or costs suffered or incurred by you arising from viruses or other harmful components received via this website; or (c) any loss of profits; loss of business; depletion of goodwill or similar losses; loss of anticipated savings; loss of contracts; loss of use; loss or corruption of data or information; or any special, indirect, consequential or pure economic loss incurred by any user in connection with this website.
Governing law and jurisdiction
Letting fees information for Landlords
Property Advertising, In-house Tenant Referencing, Rent Collection, Tenancy Renewal service 10.8% (9% plus VAT)
Featured Advertising, Standard property Management, Monthly (rather than annual) fees 14.4% (12% plus VAT)
Concierge Property Management, Free Rent Guarantee, Annual Property Management, Free Self-Assessment Tax Return, Free Handyman Services between Tenancies, 10% Discount on Portico Tradesman, Free initial clean 17.4% (14.5% plus VAT)
OTHER FEES WHERE APPLICABLE:
Deposit registration fee (all LLs) £72.00 (£60.00 plus VAT) per contract
Contract fee £330.00 (£275.00 plus VAT) per contract
Reference per tenant £72.00 (£60.00 plus VAT)
Reference per guarantor £162.00 (£135.00 plus VAT)
Rent Guarantee £300.00 (£250.00 plus VAT) per policy
Property inspection £78.00 (£65.00 plus VAT) per inspection
Statutory notices £60.00 (£50.00 plus VAT)
Deed of surrender £300.00 (£250.00 plus VAT)
EPC inspection (including floorplan) £96.00 (£80.00 plus VAT) (London Energy)
Gas Test £80.00 (£66.67 plus VAT)
PAT £60.00 (£50.00 plus VAT)
Gas and PAT Combined £95.00 (£79.17 plus VAT)
Gas, PAT and Boiler Service Combined £125.00 (£104.17 plus VAT)
INVENTORY FEES (up to a maximum):
Landlord to pay Inventory Check-in fee and Inventory Check-out fee
Studio £132.00 (£110.00 plus VAT)
1 Bed £152.50 (£127.08 plus VAT)
2 Bed £176.40 (£147.00 plus VAT)
3 Bed £188.40 (£157.00 plus VAT)
4 Bed £201.60 (£168.00 plus VAT)
5 Bed £213.60 (£178.00 plus VAT)
Tenancy information for Tenants
For any tenant renting a property under an Assured Shorthold Tenancy, no referencing or administration fees are chargeable.
Depending on your circumstances, other fees may apply:
- Tenants are liable for the cost of replacing any lost keys or security device
- Unpaid rent may incur interest charges at 3% above the Bank of England base rate
- Amendments to the tenancy agreement at the tenant’s request will incur a charge of up to £50.00 (incl. VAT) or for any reasonable costs incurred if these are higher than £50.
- Change of tenant fee – in the instance that a tenant requests to change any of the named parties on the tenancy agreement subject to the landlord’s consent, a charge of up to £50.00 (incl. VAT) per change or for any reasonable costs incurred if these are higher than £50.
- Early termination fee – in the instance that a tenant requests to terminate the tenancy early subject to the landlord’s consent, a charge not exceeding the financial loss of the landlord or the reasonable costs of the agent will be due
- Non-Assured Shorthold Tenancies – there will be a charge of £300.00 (£250.00 plus VAT) to cover the costs of administration and referencing
If you have any questions on our fees, please ask a member of staff